The Sutherland Cemetery District was first established in 1895. The Sutherland Cemetery, located in the northeast part of town was used for 17 years but due to flooding issues, land was donated to establish a new cemetery. Since 1913, the Riverview Cemetery, located south of town has been used.
For information regarding plot costs or for a more in depth history concerning the cemeteries, please contact:
Sutherland Cemetery District
PO Box 485
Sutherland, NE 69165